Thursday, April 9, 2015

5.5 My Reflections Week 11 and Week 12 ( 16th March - 27th March )

Time passes so fast as it has finally come to my last 2 weeks of internship. Previously I was always dealing with 1 customer through email who claimed that he owns a pastry shop which based in Petaling Jaya area. On 16th March, he called in and looked for me, the business owner claimed that he wanted to arrange an appointment with me on 18th March. After informing my sales manager, my sales manager felt that I can handle this appointment myself and asked me to bring along 2 interns to go along as the full time sales person was busy with his own stuffs. I got no choice and needed to drive there myself this time.

Before my appointment, 1 of the interns who came along with me had an appointment with his customer at Jaya One as well and apparently his appointment was earlier than mine so we went to Jaya One first. His customer was selling fresh fruit juices online and the business owner wished to use our Cool-Taqbin service in order to help her courier fresh fruit juices to her customers. The discussion was about 40 minutes between the intern and the business.

After that we were heading to Petaling Jaya for my appointment, the moment when I reached that area by following the address given by the business owner, 3 of us couldn't look for the exact shop at all. After asking the business owner for exact direction through phone call, we managed to reach the shop. It was totally out of my expectation because all the while I was thinking that it's a pastry shop, actually the owner's shop is like a one-stop centre, he only sells a few choices of puff, and he sells some healthy product drinks as well. Other than that, he provides photocopy service for the residents who staying nearby too. Without wasting the time, we straight entered into our discussion. After some conversation with the business owner, he actually wanted to use Yamato as his courier service agent. Since I am just an intern, I couldn't make any decision regarding of this issue. After we went back to office, I spoke up this issue to my sales manager and she claimed that Yamato does appoint third party to be our courier service agent. She asked me to prepare the all the necessary documents and agreement for him to sign if the business owner is agree with the commission rates.

Once I done preparing all the necessary documents and agreement, I emailed to the business owner regarding of all the details. The business owner signed and get back to me in 3 days time. It is considered a best ending for me before I complete my internship because other than dealing with the normal corporate customer, this time I deal with an agent, Before I leaving Yamato, my sales manager did ask me to pass all my quotation forms to the other intern as he will be following all my customers.

During my last day of working in Yamato, my sales manager actually organized a farewell party for me and few of the interns who were leaving Yamato soon as well. In these 12 weeks in Yamato, I can say that it was a new experience for me before I step out and work in the society after I done with my studies.




No comments:

Post a Comment