Tuesday, April 7, 2015

5.1 My Reflection Week 3-Week 4 ( 19th Jan- 30th Jan )

During the third week of my internship , I was being told that I would be transferring to Sales & Marketing department. Reason being for such arrangement because there were 2 full time staffs had resigned from that department. Due to lack of manpower in that department, I was being assigned to assist in Sales & Marketing department.

Since I got no ideas about how to deal with customers and how to explain the company's products and services to customers on my first day in Sales & Marketing department, I was given a task of filling up the exhibition and event calender as per requested by my manager. I had been looking across many exhibition centres and halls regarding of their events and exhibitions from Northern region to Southern Region of Malaysia. One of the purposes of doing so is Taqbin Sales Team would pay a visit to some of these events and exhibitions to look for potential clients. 

Once I'd done filling up the exhibition calendar in year 2015, I started to read through every single details of Yamato company's brochure. Through the company's brochure , I get to know more about Taqbin. For Taqbin which is the courier service , it has 2 types of courier services such as the normal parcels and the other one is cold and chilled products. Thus, courier service for cold and chilled is better named as Cool-Taqbin. In my own point of view, there are many other courier service providers couldn't help their customers to deliver cool and chilled products , this is why Yamato company could be a little outstanding compare to other courier service providers such as DHL , Skynet, Citilink and Pos Laju. At the same time, there is another service which provides by Yamato is called Taqbin-Collect. Taqbin-Collect is the service which deals with cash on delivery service. This means that Yamato company will help on behalf of the senders to collect the exact amount of money on goods from receivers, if the receivers failed to pay the exact amount of money stated on the waybill itself , the sales drivers will not pass the goods to the receivers and will keep the senders informed about that issue. This service makes the senders not to worry about their goods being scammed by third parties.

The next thing which I had learnt in the sales department is preparing the quotation for clients based on 3 Tiers which are Tier 1 , Tier 2 and Tier 3. For Tier 1 which is the most expensive corporate rates for only japanese companies and other logistic companies. Speaking of Tier 2, it has the moderate corporate rates for clients who wish to courier products such as electrical appliances, cosmetic products, IT products, fragile products and etc. For Tier 3 which is the cheapest corporate rates for clients who wish to courier clothing, small goods, fashion items, soft toys and etc. Beside the Tier 1-3 3 rates, it has corporate rates for clients who only want to courier documents.

When I had known about the products and services of Yamato , my manager asked me to focus on e-commerce and e-printing companies to look for more potential customers. Whenever I found any potential companies , I took the initiative to call up and speak to the person in charge of courier service and not to forget proposing the services offered by Yamato to them. By keep repeating the same tasks in the first and second week in sales department, I managed to close my first deal on the second week in Sales and Marketing department.

Other than cool calling, preparing and proposing quotation, sending greeting emails to potential customers is another task which should be done by the Sales team as well. In brief , this was what I had experienced in the first and second week in Sales and Marketing department.


No comments:

Post a Comment